Whenever we say Google, the thing that quickly come into our mind is Internet. No doubt it is ruling the web. Google has always delivered more than expected. It also offers some of the well-known services like Gmail and Google Plus. But this is not the end, there are lot of services that every Google user should be aware of. We have dug out some of the most important links that are hidden inside your Google account dashboard that may otherwise known to Google.
Where should I go if I forgot the administrator password for Google Apps? Is it possible to get a list of ads that I’ve clicked on Google? What are my interests determined by Google? What does Google know about the places that I have visited recently?
Here’s the list of Google URLs you should be aware of-
1. Google lets you trade all your archives such as Google photos, emails, bookmarks and many more. Just click on the link and Takeout page to download the links.
3. Create a new Google Account using your existing email address. The regular sign requires @gmail.com address as your Google account username but with this URL, you can use any other email address as your username.
4. The search terms that you have typed or spoken into the search boxes of Google and Youtube are recorded. Yes! there is a log maintained. If you see a video, clicked an ad on any website or if you are on Google Now, asking the PDA to get the task done for you. You can see the log of search queries.
5. If you come across a website that has used your content and is it is using one or more Google Products- Google+, Adsense or Youtube, you can raise a DMCA complaint with Google against that site to get the content removed from the site.
6. Your Android device can report your recent location to Google. In addition, it will also send the velocity with which you are travelling. Go to Google Maps to see your location history and if interested you can also export this data as KML files that can be viewed inside Google Earth or Google Drive.
7. Google is very smart. It creates a profile of yourself based on the sites you visit, your Google+ account and other signals. Then try to guess your age, gender and interests and then it will use this data to serve you more relevant ads. here is the link to find out how Google sees you on the web.
8. This is one Google Url that we have mentioned in our post on organizing Gmail Inbox. If you find any suspicious activity in your Google account. There might be a case that someone has unauthorized rights of your account. It is never let to check what apps have which access and this Url will tell you on which device your account was being accessed.
9. According to policies of Google, you have to login to your Gmail account at least once in every 9 months otherwise, Google will terminate your account. This issue may arise if you have multiple accounts. You can setup the main Gmail account of yours as the trusted contact for your other secondary accounts. google will now send you reminders every few months to log in to your other accounts.
10. This particular link will tell you the complete list of web apps, browser extensions, Google scripts and mobile apps that have read or write access to your Google Account. If any of the above mentioned has the permission which says ” access to basic account info”, it basically means that you have used your Google account to login into that app.
So, here goes a list of Google URLs that every user should be aware of. This links will help you if you forgot your passwords, list of ads that you have clicked and if you want to change the preference of ads, places you have visited and so on. If you have any other links, feel free to share with us.