Communication plays a major role in the development of a business. There are many email services available in the market but Gmail is most loved globally. Gmail is a free web-based email service provided by Google. Gmail (Google Mail), is pronounced as Gee-mail. Google offers a gigabyte of storage on Gmail for emails. Since Gmail is considered as most user-friendly and secure email service that comes up with a con that it has inbox ads but along with a pro as well, such as it offers integrated video chat.
Google Mail offers 15 GB storage in free while it’s not the highest amount of storage it offers. You can increase this limit of 15 GB by paying some fee.There are some features that perhaps you haven’t tried besides sending/receiving emails, sharing spreadsheets, presentation, and documents on Google Mail. Well, in this article you can check some Gmail tips that you should try today.
Never Before Heard Gmail Tips to Give a Try
How to Set Up Gmail Vacation Responder
Who doesn’t love going on vacations? I think everybody loves it. Taking some break from work can increase your productivity and vacation always has been proven good for human’s health since it lowers the risk of heart diseases, gives you a stress-free environment where you can peacefully live. So, in case there is no internet accessibility on your vacation place or you want to get rid of emails for some time then you can use Gmail’s vacation responder.
Gmail Vacation responder will respond back to the people who have emailed you. Gmail Auto reply is a great feature at this time when you can’t answer to the people during your vacation period. Now, you might be thinking that how to set up out of office in Gmail? Well, the following are the steps to set up a vacation response in your Gmail settings.
- Sign in Gmail Account.
- Navigate your mouse to the gear icon which is on the upper right side in Gmail and select Gmail settings.
- In the General tab, scroll down to the ‘Out of Office AutoReply’ section.
- Enter the subject and body of the message for Gmail auto reply. If you have enabled a personalized signature in Gmail settings, then it will automatically append it to the bottom of your Gmail away message.
- Now check the box ‘Only send a response to people in my contacts’ in case you don’t want to response to every mail sender, who isn’t in your contacts.
- The final step is to click on the button ‘Save Changes’.
How to Create a New Folder in Gmail
If you are frustrated with different types of emails in one single box then you need not worry, you can create folders in Gmail to arrange your emails. Arranging emails has been made easy with feature like ‘label’ and you can put some labeled emails in a particular folder. Now the question might be striking that how to create a new folder in Gmail. Here are some steps to create a folder in Gmail.
- Log into your Gmail Account.
- Navigate your mouse to the icon gear on the top right corner and click on it then select ‘Settings’.
- Find the ‘Labels’ and click on it, then pull down the page to the end where you find an option named as ‘Create New Label’ and hit a click on it.
- Now type the name of your folder that you want in the box under the text “Please enter a new label name”. In case you already have a folder then what you can do is to make this folder under the previous folder by ticking off the item named as “Nest label under” and choose the name of the folder and click on the button named as ‘Create’ to save the changes.
- On the left column of Gmail account, you can see the new folder appearing. There is another setting of showing this folder when it has unread emails.
- Go to your inbox, you can move some emails to the new folder by ticking them off in the list and then navigating mouse to the ‘folder’ icon and tick the folder name in which you want to move the mail. The emails that you checked to move into a particular folder, will be moved there.
Gmail Full Site Login (Desktop Version) On Mobile
A popular webmail provider, Gmail can be logged into Gmail full site on your smartphone device including Android, iPhone, iPad etc. Although a company always develops two versions of a website, one is web version and the second is a mobile version. For better user interface, Gmail has developed Gmail mobile app for smartphones, but if people wish to access the desktop version of Gmail on their mobile devices then there are some steps through which Gmail mobile site can be viewed in desktop version:
- Download the Google Chrome browser on your smartphone.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- On the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome’s screen, you can see three vertically arranged dots, touch them and a menu will appear where there is an option named ‘Incognito Mode’ you can click on it and type the web URL in web address bar. Now log in to your Gmail account and now you can see that there are three vertically arranged small lines on the upper left side corner and click on it.
- Then scroll down the page and you can see that there are two options highlighted in blue color on the button of the page; one is ‘Older version’ and the second is ‘Desktop version’. Click on the desktop version of the Gmail and view emails.
How to Send an Email to All Contacts in Gmail
Do you want to email to all contacts in Gmail but no idea that how to do it? Don’t worry, It’s easy to do. You can send any important email to all people of your contact list without entering their names, one by one. You perhaps never heard about this inbuilt feature of Gmail that permits you to send or forward an email message to all people in one time. The following are the steps to do so:
- Click on the Compose button of Gmail and a pop-up screen will appear on the right-hand side.
- You can see that there is a link address named ‘To’, in this field we add email addresses of people whom we want to email. What you need to do is to click on ‘To’ link and a pop-up screen will be displayed before your eyes.
- From the Pop-up screen, you can choose the contacts whom you want to email.
- Click on ‘Select All’ and then hit a click on ‘Select’ button. And now the email will be sent to all contacts.
So the above steps are an answer to your question that how to send an email to all contacts in Gmail.
Find the Person Behind an Email Address
Just imagine you received an email from a person with whom you never interacted in your life and you want to know about the person without asking him/her directly. If the email sender doesn’t have any website or the email address is not on public forums, then Google can be helpful. If you just have an email address of the person but no more other information, then these are the ways to find the person behind an email address.
- Find the sender’s location: You can open the header of your email message and search for the lines “Received: from” and it is followed by an IP address which is in square brackets. If there are several entries with it then consider the last one. Now you can track the location of the IP address by putting the IP address into traceroute tool.
- Reverse email search with FB: You can search the mail address on Facebook and you can find the profile of the person. Since Facebook let you search about the person through its email address. You need to paste the email into the search box of Facebook.
- People Search: Ultimately if above-mentioned tricks don’t work then you can try searching people through services like Spokeo and Pipl. These both services let you search for the person through email lookups.
So, above mentioned Gmail tips are very effective. You can try them anytime.